Walking is one of the easiest things, but it is one of the most effective exercises. Walking can also help improve the health and tone muscles while losing weight.
However, only a few are aware that walking can help you lose a pound or more per week, and up to 20 pounds in 5 months without specific diet regimen or other training.
However, you need to know some important principles of the march in order to lose weight.
How to Walk to Lose Weight
The calories burned through walking would depend on 2 factors: body weight and rhythm of the walk. You should burn 400 calories in just one hour, if you walk at an average speed of 4 ml / h.
First, two factors determine the number of calories burned during walking, the way you walk, and your body weight. For example, if you walk at an average speed of 4 miles per hour, you can burn 400 calories in 1 h. 3 more miles will help you lose extra 300 calories.
Pedometers and Weight Loss
If you use a daily plan and a pedometer to help walking, you can get noticeable results.
The pedometer or wrist strap helps control the daily exercises, as well as increases the chances of achieving the desired effects.
This way, you will know exactly how many steps you have to take to lose weight. Therefore, if you take 7,000 steps a day and still don’t lose weight, then you can solve the problem mathematically and find out how to add mileage according to a number of calories you should burn.
How many steps you need to take to Lose Weight
Most people should take 2,000 steps in a mile to burn calories; usually 100 are burned in a mile. The pedometer will count your steps and determine how many calories you burned and how many more are needed. This is explained below:
- 1 mile = 2,000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Libra – 3,500 calories
- The loss of 1 pound a week = 500 calories a day
- 10,000 steps a day will help you lose 1 pound in a week
However, you can start slowly and then increase the number of steps. The following tips will help you achieve the 2,000 steps:
- Do not use a taxi or a bus, but walks on foot
- You can walk with your children to school
- Park the car away from the place where you go
- You can walk to your home or work, or off the bus at halfway
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator
- Some pedometers say the number of pounds lost and a number of calories burned, which also can stimulate you. If possible, buy a good quality pedometer that records all the steps and calories burned all, in order to control your achievements, and promote the process of weight loss.
Although we all know how to walk, some tips on style will boost the effects of exercise.
Therefore, with head high, focus your eyes 100 feet forward, tighten the abdomen in the same direction with the spine and squeeze your buttocks. In this way, you will improve drastically effects.
When it comes to how much is enough, you can initially consult your doctor, who can tell if your body is healthy for this exercise, and will advise you on how much more exercise need.
How often you need to walk
First, walk three times a week for 15 to 20 minutes, and then gradually increases the routine. The optimum condition is being able to walk 30 to 60 minutes every day of the week. In this way, you’ll get amazing effects in a completely natural way and without any strict diets.
Image Source: 1